Friday, April 11, 2014

Decriptive Essay

Hohgrefe1
Melissa Hohgrefe
Professor Kelly Anthony
English 101-113
10 April 2014
Outback Steakhouse 
          The Outback in town holds fond memories for me, back when it was good. I was maybe eight years old when we use to go. When I pass by and my gaze falls upon it, I smile, but it sinks away. I remember it all, from the wait to get inside, finally getting our food, to leaving for home. I wish we could do it again in the same fashion, but I know, that will never happen.
           We'd park far away because it was always packed I think we even parked in the neighboring restaurants parking lot and walked over a time or two. We walk up their beautiful cobble stone path under their modern wooden honing and through the double doors. The seats would be filled with inpatient customers, some would stand by the wall, even a few more would be outside either standing or sitting over in the patio area. My father would walk up to the hostess as she'd always say "Table for..?" He'd have a snappy response that was said almost simultaneously with my mother "four." they'd ring smiling. I'd be huddled close in the crowded entry way glancing at all the different sites and sounds that all seemed to be going on at once. She'd give us a plastic square beeper that lights up and obnoxiously vibrates when our table is ready. I remember a time a spot opened up on the bench just inside the waiting area as we turned to look for one. I remember sitting next to my Mom her black leather purse always seemed to be in the way. She'd notice it was squashing me and move it to her lap and dismiss the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment