Friday, April 11, 2014

32 Day Challenge - Love my Job.

For the next 32 day's I will assess my experiences at work and state that I love my job.
This may strengthen my love of my job or maybe motivate me to make a change.
Overall it's for me, and maybe a little for your entertainment.

Day 1
4/9- I work in the art department of a nation wide and a little bit of Canada's kids clothing manufacture. Sounds cool, huh? Sometimes it is.
Sometimes I'd much rather be at my old job being an elderly lady's bag bitch while she blows her social security check. Anyway the experience here at Third Street which is all the way over in Ozark Missouri, I commute from 45 minutes away in Marshfield, (Yeah, I believe you can call me crazy)... The experience is useful, and educational, but here's me ranting about bowing and scraping as a college kid.... But I wouldn't travel so far if I didn't love my job.

4/10
The main woman I take orders from is Becky, her equal (& also her sister) Laurie is my other.  Laurie is the good witch, most of the time, Becky is usually the wicked one from the west.
I guess I'm Dorthy, and all I want to do is get to Kansas... Funny this metaphor is to me. Kansas holds the university that I see most likely to graduate from with my bachelors. I guess if I do move on to my Bachelors I'll have to quite my job. Hummm. I might miss Third street...
I love my job.

4/11
Friday, this is my half day. Half class, half work.
I wouldn't be able to have such a mixed schedule that works for me if it wasn't for my work working with my schedule.
I love my job.

4/12
I wouldn't have been able to have the weekend off if is wasn't for my job.
I had an amazing day made breakfast burritos with my lovely man, went out cursing the back roads, played glow put put golf. It was so beautiful out I wore shorts! For the first time in so long!
We ate Andy's in the car parked by the lake and listened to the frogs sing in the twilight of the sunset.
I wouldn't be able to go out and play with a little bit of money on the weekends if is wasn't for my job.
I love my job.

4/13
Slept in, rainy day, playing Diablio with my Man. We of course beat it. Then took a nap. It's days like these weekends I live for. I love the simple things. A perfect rainy day I couldn't have if I didn't have the weekends off with him.
I love my job.

4/14
Monday, class till late tonight. Asked off Tomorrow. I'm behind in my classes and have errands to run. Probably should have worked of stuff this weekend, but I wouldn't have spent it any other way.
I have a week unpaid vacation to start with. Those days evaporate if I don't use them in a year. I'd rather have days to do nothing and enjoy them, than greedily keep going to work and not use them. There are days I've thought I'd rather pay them the amount of money I'd earn being there for the day than come in. Sometimes the money just isn't worth it.
Oh well, at least I have vacation days. I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment