Monday, March 17, 2014

Place I'd rather be...

I'd rather be dressed for an interview and job hunting right now. 

Polyester shirt, black pencil skirt, peek-toe shoes, silver dragon fly necklace ready to kill. I'd be holding my resume and I-pad ready to show them my portfolio. Sigh, I want more in the career field and that seems to always be on the back of my mind, but yet. I've been thinking. Why am I applying? To get a new boss and go through the usual routine. I could have my own business make my own hours...


See
I'd be sitting in the front seat of my car to-go mug in the cup holder, purse in the passenger seat. It'd be a nice day, like this past spring-break. My windows would be rolled down, hair rolling around my shoulders, sunglasses on.

Smell
I'd smell the fresh cool spring air, the Colombian coffee I make with vanilla creamer beside me. My freshly washed and styled hair, the light smell of fabric softener in my clothes. My purfume on my chest, loation on my hands even the leather of my car.

Touch
I'd feel my grip tighten on the worn searing wheel, that little piece of fabric pealing on the back side of it i play with mindlessly. The warm metal of my to-go mug, and the silicone case of my phone checking for any news. I'd feel the warm paper of my resume as I walk up to the company door.

Hear
I'd hear the roar of my cars engine as she climbs gears. I'd hear the wind along side the sound of alternative music coming from my stereo. I'd probably be singing a few verses along with it. I could hear the birds of the town cheering me on, other cars passing by. Then finally that familiar I-phone ring phone call.

Taste
I could taste my chap stick under my pale lipstick and lip-liner. I could taste the fresh air, like water and grass. I sipped my coffee and first could taste the metal of the mug touch my lips and tilt back the warm coffee. There would be that first impression  of cream vanilla then the medium-roast of Colombian coffee. 


Story
I was there this spring break.
Finally a day where my friends are busy and I'm not in class or at work. I could start my chase. I'm tired of being locked into one position. There will be no management promotions in a family owned company.  I'm ready to advance and it's long over due. I've only spoke with four other company's so far and applied. I fear this will be a long journey. I hope that I will find a new position by Summer so I can work full-time as an internship. I want to stay local. I know where home is, but I'm to make this career work for me I'm going to have to make sacrifices that maybe I'm not ready for...

No comments:

Post a Comment