Monday, February 10, 2014

I believe free write responce




Commentary: John Updike's essay for This I Believe                                         Source: All Things Considered (NPR), APR 18, 2005
I was intrigued by this essay of the said "professional writer". His creed is short and simple and he goes on to provide an example. Here's his creed:  "A person believes various things at various times, even on the same day." First he explains himself then moves on to the ideas of politics then religion. He really has a nice writing style. Didn't drag it out to annoy me. I'm not sure I would agree with this man on his subjects but he left them moderately open ended. Which ties back to the main quote. I hope I can pull something like that off in mine. Bah, I plan to take a corporate approach, that may not flow so well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment